The Family Law system is in urgent need of reform to keep women and children safe.
Our priorities for family law reform include:
- Ensuring early identification and early judicial decision-making on family violence in the family law system
- Removal of the Legislative Presumption of Equal Shared Parental Responsibility
- Improving access to justice through the use of interpreters
- Expansion of Legally Assisted Dispute Resolution
- Implementation of our Small Claims Large Battles report recommendations
- Stopping systems abuse – preventing perpetrators of family violence from using the legal system to commit further abuse